I love involving my boys in picking out and making gifts for their dad for Father’s Day. This year one of the Father’s Day crafts that we made was this DIY Father’s Day puzzle. It doubles as a fun craft to make together and also a fun activity for my boys to do with their dad.
How We Made This DIY Father’s Day Puzzle
First, I began by tracing the outside border of a puzzle that we already owned. I cut two pieces of cardboard out that size.
Next, on one of the cardboard cutouts, I traced the border of the puzzle pieces. I then cut the middle out.
Next, I decorated the puzzle. To do this, I wrote the words “Daddy, we love you to pieces” and then dipped my sons’ fingerprints in ink and had them create little hearts.
Next, I traced each of the puzzle pieces and cut them out using a box cutter.
To finish the puzzle, I hot glued the border to the other piece of cardboard cutout. Then, I put the puzzle pieces together inside the border.
- First, trace the outside border of a puzzle that you already owned. Cut two pieces of cardboard out that size.
- Secondly, on one of the cardboard cutouts, trace the border of just the puzzle pieces. Then cut the middle of the cardboard cutout out.
- Next, decorate the puzzle. To decorate ours, I wrote “Daddy, We love you to pieces” and then dipped my sons’ fingers in ink and had them create little hearts with their fingerprints.
- Then, trace each of the puzzle pieces and cut them out.
- Finally, hot glued the border to the other piece of original cardboard cutout.
- Put the puzzle pieces together and play over and over again!