We have been spending as much time as possible outside lately. I’m pretty sure my one year old would live outside if he could. Because of this, we have been finding fun ways to bring learning outside. This name stencil activity is a fun way to work on identifying letters in your kid’s name and also practice writing letters.
How I Made This Name Stencil
First, I drew out the letters of my son’s name with a pen.
Next, I used a box cutter to cut out the letters.
Then, I traced the letters with markers to make the activity more inviting.
How To Play
To play, I first rolled out a long piece of craft paper outside. I then taped the stencil to the paper to keep it from moving. Finally, I gave my son markers to use with the stencil to write his name.
- First, write the letters of your child’s name on a piece of cardboard with a pen
- Next, cut out the letters with a box cutter
- Then, trace the letters with markers
- Roll out craft paper
- Next, tape the stencil to the craft paper
- Finally, give markers to your child and have them use the stencil to write their name on the craft paper